divendres, 25 de setembre del 2009

2nd Batxiller B, 25th September 09

Welcome to my blog. I'll use it to give you tasks to do, correct tasks or give you suggestions.
First, as promised, here are the answers for your tasks done in class today.

2. Make questions to the given answers.
a) How long have you lived in Palma?
b) What was she doing when her father arrived home?
c) What was the weather like yesterday?
d) How often do you go to Music lessons?
e) What would you buy if you were rich?
f) How many euros are there in your pocket?
g) When have you been working hard?
h) Who did you kiss yesterday?
i) Who did it?
j) Who will open the door?

3. a) fairly = quite b) look after= take care of c) Rarely = seldom d) journey = trip

4. Biblioteca, sortida, director d'orquestra, estora, discussió, informal,comprensiu, èxit, catedràtic, diari.
Now, as homework, you can do these exercises in your notebook. We'll correct them next Tuesday.
1.In these sentences there is a word in a wrong place in the sentence. Rewrite the sentence in a correct way.
a) I don't go often shopping on Saturdays.
b) She's got fair, long hair.
c) Racing motor drivers wear helmets.
d) Have you thought ever about taking a year off before starting university?
e) The tower Eiffel is very impressive.
f) She wants to know when is your birthday.


2. Write the sentences using the correct form of the verb in brackets:
a) I (live ) ___________ in Sudan when the war ( break out) _______________
b) Come to visit us. We (not do) _____________ anything special this afternoon.
c) This cheese (taste) _____________ awful.
d) I'm tired of (stand) ______________ in the queue.
e) The shop (have) ____________ a sale this week only.
f) Look at those clouds! It (rain) _______________
g) Someone is at the door. - ok, I (go) __________ to see who's there.
h) By the end of this month We (do) __________________ more than six exams.
i)He (not understand) ______________ Russian at all.
j) Where ( you be) _______________ at nine last night?- I (be) ____________ at my cousin's home. We (watch) ________________ a football match on tv.

3. Rewrite these sentences using the words in brackets. Do not change the meaning.

a) I met Bob on my walk to school (as)
b) During the speaker's talk, Diana was taking notes (while)
c) Yesterday evening, at 7 o'clock, I started to study. I didn't stop until midnight. (9 o'clock)
d) Is this your house? (live)
e) I have lived in Palma for ten years now ( 1999)
f) I like to explore the ancient parts of the world. ( I enjoy...)
g) I one took holidays abroad but not any more ( I used...)
h) Booking your hotel in advance is advisable. ( I advise you...)

4. Write three lines on two of these topics.
a) Advantages of travelling around the world.
b) Using internet resources at school.
c) Alcohol, drugs and young people/teenagers.
d)Dangers of an unbalanced diet.
e) Keeping a pet can enrich a child's life in many ways...
That's all for today, folks. Have a nice weekend. See you on Tuesday, our last class this month.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada