Today, we are going to do grammar exercises on-line and some other activities.
- We'll start with some vocabulary: Click here and copy the adjectives that correspond to your zodiac sign. Answer the two questions in your notebook. Now a vocabulary exercise. Click here.
- What about a love test right now? Try it. Click here if you want a crazy test ( you need to have an advanced level on English) or here if you want a normal test.
- It´s time to do some grammar now. Click here and follow the instructions. Don't do the exercises on perfect tenses because we are going to study them in unit 1.
- And now, your homework for next day.
a) Advantages of travelling around the world.
b) Using internet resources at school.
c) Alcohol, drugs and young people/teenagers.
d)Dangers of an unbalanced diet.
e) Keeping a pet can enrich a child's life in many ways...
2.Write the sentences using the correct form of the verb in brackets:
a) I (live ) ___________ in Sudan when the war ( break out) _______________
b) Come to visit us. We (not do) _____________ anything special this afternoon.
c) This cheese (taste) _____________ awful.
d) I'm tired of (stand) ______________ in the queue.
e) The shop (have) ____________ a sale this week only.
f) Look at those clouds! It (rain) _______________
g) Someone is at the door. - ok, I (go) __________ to see who's there.
h) By the end of this month We (do) __________________ more than six exams.
i)He (not understand) ______________ Russian at all.
j) Where ( you be) _______________ at nine last night?- I (be) ____________ at my cousin's home. We (watch) ________________ a football match on tv.
3. Rewrite these sentences using the words in brackets. Do not change the meaning.
a) I met Bob on my walk to school (as)
b) During the speaker's talk, Diana was taking notes (while)
c) Yesterday evening, at 7 o'clock, I started to study. I didn't stop until midnight. (9 o'clock)
d) Is this your house? (live)
e) I have lived in Palma for ten years now ( 1999)
f) I like to explore the ancient parts of the world. ( I enjoy...)
g) I one took holidays abroad but not any more ( I used...)
h) Booking your hotel in advance is advisable. ( I advise you...)
That's all for today, folks. See you in class tomorrow. I hope you have enjoyed the session.