24th April, Tuesday
To take into account. The 24th -- be at the airport at 5:40h am. Flight at 7:40h .Direct flight.
Estimated arrival at 9:50am . The coach will take us to the hotel Britannia. Click HERE and here (look at the map and more photos) to see information about the hotel. Remember that in the hotel there are towels, shampoo, shower gel and hairdryer. Remember to take the plug adaptor suitable for England, at least one per room.
Information about the breakfast and dinner: At our Edinburgh restaurant, we offer a daily breakfast buffet which includes both hot and cold options. Guests can choose from a full English breakfast, breakfast rolls, pastries, and cereals as well as fruit and yoghurt. During the evening, we offer some fantastic fresh gourmet meal options, including hearty traditional British dishes, all selected by our talented chefs.
Our idea is to arrive at the hotel, distribute the rooms and do the check in and then see where we can have our sandwich to have lunch. At three we must go to Charlotte Street on foot to meet our guides (2 guides) that will explain us many interesting facts about the old places and sites of Edinburg. We will be distributed into two groups with the two tourist guides. When we come back to the hotel, we'll get ready for the dinner and then relax after this too long day.
- 25th April, Wednesday.
After having breakfast, we are going all together to the National Museum, that is free and a fantastic place to explore. Click here to see the webpage of the museum and have an idea of what you will see. It opens at ten in the morning, that's the time we should be there.
Options for the afternoon:
a) Edinburg Castle. One of the most visited places in Edinburgh. Click here.A nice place to visit. Price around 17 pounds (1 pound = 1,13 euros aprox.), so aprox. 20 euros. Opened from 9.30 am to 6 pm.
b) Harry Potter Trail. Click here to have a look at some photos and information. I have written a mail to the organizers to ask for details and see if it is possible to go. I should know how many of you would prefer this option.
- 26th April, Thursday.
Breakfast at 7.45h. We will be collected at 8:30 to go on the trip to the Highlands. There will be two coaches with two guides. Route: Stirling, Callander, Loch Earn, Crianlarich, Tyndrum, Glencoe, Fort William, Spean Bridge, Fort Augustus and Loch Ness. 8 hours in the bus+ the different stops we'll do to go to the toilet, take a hot drink, take photos, walk for some minutes...
- 27th April. Morning.
Option A: Arthur's Seat. Click here and here for information. It's necessary to walk around two hours going up and down this little mountain if the weather permits it. If not, we can at least visit the park.......
- Option B: Holyroodhouse Palace. Visit. Price aprox: 14 pounds (17 euros ). Have a look at the information to see if you are interested. Click here
- Princess street. Jenners, centre comercial. Altres tendes al mateix carrer.
- Royal Mile, Rose Street, Duncan street--- llocs bons per a comprar souvenirs. Click here (photos of typical souvenirs)
- Victoria Street: The Red Door Gallery (venda de il.lustracions I fotos d’Edimburg) I Diagon House just al costat (venda de coses relacionades amb Harry Potter, pels fans)
- Royal Mile Market, obert tots els dies fins a les sis de l’horabaixa, amb coses artesanals (arts, roba, regals, bisuteria , camisetes, música…), situat dins una antiga esglèsia. Click here for the information.
- Ocean Terminal. Gran centre comercial amb restaurants i bars . Està, però, enfora del centre i es necessita arribar-hi en tranvia o bus.Click here. Here you can also see the Royal Yacht Britannia if you want. Click here
Cheap Places where you can eat if you want. Click here.
For the ones who would like to visit the Real Mary King's Close, underground part of ancient streets of Edinburgh please let me know. Click here for the information. The price is a bit expensive, almost 18 euros, but it is a nice experience.
Another possibility for some of you who are adventurous and are not afraid of heights is this one: click here (Saint Giles Cathedral- special visit for small groups of 4)
-The Elephant House. Inspiration found by writers such as J. K. Rowling. Click here.
Remember the importance of respecting the measures of your luggage. They will check all the suicases before boarding: 56 x 45 x 25 cm, including wheels.
Have a nice session!!!1