dimarts, 26 de gener de 2010
When you finish, do this curious activity creating your own love poem. Click here
If you prefer to observe different ways to say `I love you´in many different languages, click here If you want to do a love test, click here.
Any curiosity about wedding traditions in different countries, click here
Have a nice session. See you next week.
dilluns, 25 de gener de 2010
- Today, we are going to work on cultural contents of Great Britain. You have to use a paper and give it to the teacher at the end of the session with the answers to the questions.
- Trivia on Great Britain. Write the questions and answers on a sheet of paper with your name. Give it to the teacher at the end of the class. Click here to do it.
- TV programmes:
1 (tv wordsearch with definitions of the programmes)
2 ( find the name of a news programme, a quiz show, a comedy, a cartoon programme, a documentary, a reality show, a soap opera. Write the name and the channel in which it is broadcast. Write information about one of the programmes you have chosen : main character(s), title and nationality of the programme, what it is about...)
That's all for today, folks. See you next week. I hope you have learnt something new today.
Revision activities: 1 (daily routines. fes totes les activitats)
Reading Comprehension: 1 (read the text and choose the correct answer)
Sports. Activities: 1 (game), 2 ( do the activities on this split IX. Segueix les instruccions)
That's all for today. See you next week.
diumenge, 24 de gener de 2010
Now, we'll check the grammar contents of your next exam:
Verbal tenses: 1( future meaning), 2 ( all the tenses together), 3 ( complete the letter. Check the answers)
Conditional sentences: 1 (watch the video, watch the presentation and do the exercise),
Passive voice: 1, 2( have something done)
Reported speech: 1 ( statements), 2
Other contents to be checked: 1(gerunds and infinitives uses/explanation), 2 (gerund and infinitives, exercise), 3 (questions), 4 (prepositions), 5
Have a nice session.
Vocabulary: 1 ( copy in your notebook three of the words or expressions in each stage of the relationship and write its meaning.This vocabulary can be present in next exam)
2.Watch the video and write in your notebook 8 more expressions mentioned and its meaning.Did you understand what he said?
3. Now, find out the answers to these questions searching in the web. Write the answers in a paper and give them to the teacher at the end of the session.
a) Who was Leo di Caprio's first girlfriend? How long did they go out together? When did they split up? How many girlfriends has he has during his life? Write the name of three of his girlfriends you know because they are famous stars or celebrities.
b) Henry VIII married many times and got divorced some times too. How many times did he marry? Which of his wives was executed by Henry VIII's orders? Why?
c) How many wives has the president of South Africa got? Is it legal or illegal there?
d) Write about a star's love life. The names of his/her boyfriends, the time she/her had the love relationships, if this person is single, married or divorced...( an actor or actress, a politician, a football player, a pop star..., a prince or princess...)
You can have a look at these websites to help you:
1, (Leo Di Caprio)
2 (Leo Di Caprio and his girlfriends´names)
3( Henry VIII). His wives
4.(polyygamous South African president , Zuma)
Any time left:
read this dialogue, start a word document to answer the questions by yourself and keep the document in the folder of C: Formació d'alumnes--llengües estrangeres---anglès--4t eso--4tB--specifying your name, date and group. You can listen to the dialogue if you have headphones and the required programme clicking here(love and dating)
dimecres, 20 de gener de 2010
We are going to check for the exam today. We'll practise with contents of units 1, 2, 3. Do the exercises on line and ask the teacher if you have any doubt. The contents to practise are specified in categories:
- Present simple: click here ( do the exercises 1,2,4,5,6)
- basic verbs: 1
- actions now, present continuous: 1(quiz), 2 ( text to complete), 3 (interrogative form), 4,
5 (matching game)
- question words: 1, 2
- comparatives and superlatives: 1, 2, 3 ( try this really interesting senses challenge.)
- Vocabulary: 1, 2( write in your notebook the new words learnt with this quiz)
- Games and quizzes: 1, 2.
Enjoy this varied session.
diumenge, 17 de gener de 2010
First, do this exercise on `have something done´. This will be useful to see if you understood when we use this expression in English.
Now, let's start with REPORTED SPEECH for you to practise exercises on -line:
If you want, read this information first. ( at the end of the page there are some exercises if you want to start with them..
Now, click here . Practise with the different exercises. See that sometimes there is no backshift of the verbal tense, as you can see in the first two exercises .
More exercises on reported speech:
Statements: 1, 2
Mixed exercise of reported speech: 1, 2
Have a nice session.
Time for PHONETICS.
Go to this web and practise some exercises (minimal pairs and instant sound, phonetic exercises level 1--odd word out, mark the silent consonants, cambridge English phonetic games).
dimecres, 13 de gener de 2010
- Click here. Select unit 3 (extension /extra help) and do the following exercises.Present perfect: exerc. 3 and 4. Present perfect with already and yet: exerc. 2,3,4,5. Present perfect with just: 1,3,4.
- Next, click on unit 3 and do the wordsearch, the crossword and the game to practise the vocabulary of this unit.
- To continue with, do these revision exercises of previous units : present simple vs present continuous, question words , past simple vs past continuous.
- Past simple quiz, irreg. verbs
- Any time left, Games and other activities to finish: space game, marble game.
Have a nice session. Ask the teacher for your doubts.
dimarts, 12 de gener de 2010
Click here. Do the exercises of unit 3, level 2nd eso( extension/extra help) as explained here:
- Comparatives/superlatives. First, read the explanation. Copy in your notebook the last paret referred to the superlatives: ' superlatives are used....´and copy the two examples given too. Next, do the following exercises of this part: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,12. Copy one sentence of each in your notebook. Now you can do the two games .
- Tv programmes. Do all the exercises that are found in this category.
- Adjectives: exercises 2,3,4.
- Any time left, you can do this revision exercise
Have a nice session.
Començarem amb un repàs d'alguns aspectes basics:
- adjectius possessius i pronoms subjecte: 1, 2 ( watch the video and write two sentences about it),
3 ( do the `práctica´ de les explicacions que hi surten sobre els pronoms subjecte. Escriu una frase de cada exercici)
- Have got: 1 ( copia dues preguntes al quadernet, una amb `has got´ i l'altra amb `have got´ ), 2
( copia dos exemples al quadernet)
- Vocabulary activities: daily activities ( do exercises 2, 3. Segueix les instruccions: Fes el joc també), sports: 1,
Games: 1, 2 , 3.
See you in two weeks. Have a nice session.
divendres, 8 de gener de 2010
- First, you can do this exercise on present simple vs present continuous.
- Next, you can continue with `used to´( write in your notebook a description of what you see in the video. Use two lines) Did you like the song?
- Now, it's time to check past simple vs past continuous once more ( copy in your notebook the uses of past continuous and one example of each)
- To continue with, you can do this basic revision exercise (pronouns and auxiliaries)
- Another basic exercise(verbal tenses).
- It's time for practising the present perfect: click here, copy in your notebook the uses of the present perfect and do the exercise on this verbal tense. Now do this exercise on present perfect vs past simple.
Any time left, go to the web www.iesrasmonllull.net and do some exercises there on the unit 3.
See you next week.